Wednesday, July 18, 2012

They want to publish me????

So I have not posted for quite awhile. And I know that there is absolutely no one following me, (even if I post about it of Facebook). But today I wanted to post something very special to me. It is kind of a long story so here it goes.
On Monday July 16, 2012- I received a letter from Dorrance Publishing Co. I read the letter and they went on to tell me that they would like to add my book to their book list, and they wanted to publish me. I was freaking out! But I got ahead of myself. because I went on to read all the exciting things that were going to happen, until the end.....
Our service fee is $6,000- $10,000.00........................................ WHAT???
Needless to say my dreams were crushed for a few seconds. Honestly though, who has that kind of money? Not this kid! But I was still proud I got a letter that claimed a was good enough to meet there standards. And I am planning on finding a publishing company that will endorse a young writer like me. But I just had to write about my experience because I felt really cool! (Also, don't judge the punctuation. It was never my strong suit... :/)

And my last note goes to all the young writers out there who are probably not reading this.... But if you are: Don't think your work is stupid. It is part of you! Keep on writing and believe in what you can do! God gives everyone talents, and we all need to share them.

Thank you!

Celebrate Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment